Monday, March 26, 2012

Embossing - Faux Patina

The technique presented on Splitcoast today was called "Faux Patina".  It was actually pretty easy.

First you ink or brayer onto your embossing folder.  I used very vanilla paper and crumb cake ink.  After the pattern is embossed you then choose a few colors of ink to sponge directly onto the embossed piece.  I used two shades of blue and green.  Then you use versamark and gold embossing powder to highlight the areas you want - I used the versamarker to just put a little bit of gold.

I first cut out the top note shape before doing the rest of the technique.  I love this shape - its so versatile!  I used the "back side" of the dotted ribbon and a vintage brad.

The sentiment is layered on the large oval punch and decorative label.


I used the piece of Top Note that I trimmed for the INSIDE of the card!
This technique will be so versatile!  You can use any embossing folder and any colors, making it darker or lighter and adding more gold!  I hope to remember to try this again.  It was really fun and quite easy!

No comments: