Monday, December 31, 2012

You are Loved - Chalkboard

 
Got to make a card today!  This one is for 3 challenges.
The layout is from one of my favorite blog challenges - Retrosketches.  A layout I would never think of on my own, but I love it.  So creative!
The challenge on Splitcoast today was to do the "chalkboard" technique.  Stamp on black paper and emboss with white.  Then you can sponge white ink around to create "chalk dust" look.
The 'ABC' Challenge was to have sparkle.  I used 6 rhinestones on this card.

I love how this card turned out.  The colors are Soft Suede, Pink Pirhouette, Black, White and Rose Red.  I used 4 types of embellishments (button, white twine, ribbon, rhinestones), a corner rounder and edgelits.  Also a bit of embossing texture on the little rose red piece behind the button.  AND heat embossing!  This one is loaded!

8 comments:

jimlynn said...

Trish, I LOVE THIS!!! I've never seen the chalkboard technique and will have to try it now. Also, like that sketch you used! In fact...I just "Pinned" it on my Pinterest board! VERY NICE!
Hope you have a great 2013!
Lynn

Patty Gorka said...

Trish, I entered your card for you :) I love how you used the black card stock with your white embossing, it's beautiful!

Have a Happy New Year & thanks for playing along with us at ABC Challenges!

Zella said...

This is beautiful!!

carol (krillsister) said...

Beautiful card.
Love the colors.

Ger said...

Gorgeous card! Love the chalkboard trend. Thanks for playing along this week at ABC Challenges.

Danielle Vincent said...

Ooohh I really like this chalkboard technique - gonna have to try it for sure - and the colors that you've used. Love how your sparkly bling is placed throughout. Thanks for joining us at 'ABC' Challenges this week.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Your card is so sweet!

Thank you for participating in ABC Challenges!

Lela said...

WOW, great technique, your card turned out wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenge Blog