Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Chickadee - boho poinsettia

 
This card is for the layout at Sketch Frenzy Friday.
I colored the image with gray ink, except the chickadee in black so it would stand out!
I used a circle die and apothecary accent framelit die.
 
I made the poinsettia from just the boho blossoms punch - middle sided flower.  I cut slits in the red one and then cut some more red ones in half with slits to layer behind the first one.  For the petals I just cut slits in the green one to the very middle so there would be separate pieces.  I added some pearls in the center.


7 comments:

jimlynn said...

So beautiful and thanks for the tip on how to make that poinsettia! I'll have to do it now. Love this image and with the embossing folder it's just gorgeous!
Lynn

Tammy said...

Beautiful card! And, love the poinsettia--thanks for the how-to!!

Sunflower Stamper said...

Great card!! Love the combination of elements you used! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!!

Deb said...

Stunning!! I love how you stamped the image and then just colored in a part of it! And the layered dies really helps it stand out! The poinsettia is a perfect embellishment!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

Kim Innis said...

Gorgeous card! Just love what you did with all the parts of the sketch! Thanks for playing with us at SFF!

craftystamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous card. Love everything about the sketch. Of course the chickadee is my favourite stamp this time of year and your coloring of it is just wonderful. Thanks for joining us at SFF. Sorry my comment is a bit late.

inkedx2 said...

This is a beautiful card! I love how you used the embossing folder. That flower is adorable. Thanks for playing with our sketch at SFF.