Monday, August 13, 2012

Water Stamping with leaves

I made this card for last week's layout on Splitcoast.  Such a pretty layout, although I think I took a bit of liberty with it.

The colors are: Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Summer Starfruit, white, with a bit of always artichoke


I used twine, brads, oval and modern label punch.  The embossing on the mustard is houndsooth.

I made the background circle by sponging colors on glossy paper, then I wet my stamp background and stamped it on.  I used french filigree background.  I found the technique on Splitcoast - Water Stamping.

The leaves I made by coloring the image with markers and stamping on summer starfuit paper and more mustard paper and cutting them out.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with how this turned out and think it makes a nice masculine card.

No comments: