Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Color Challenge - Medallion

My card for today's color challenge - Elegant Eggplant (dark purple), Concord Crush (dark purple/blue) and Melon Mambo (bright pink).  I also used Early Espresso (really dark brown) and white.

First I stamped my medallion with versamark and embossed with white embossing powder on WATERCOLOR paper!  Then I used my purple and pink markers to color on the watercolor paper.  I spritzed with water and brayered.  I really think the effect turned out well, especially using such strong colors.

I added butterflies and rhinestones to complete the card.

4 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

This is gorgeous, Trish! I love the Medallion stamp with these colors.

Pam~ said...

Wow, Trish, this is gorgeous! A real eye catcher ... love it!

jimlynn said...

Great technique and it made a beautiful card! Love the way you have the sentiment on here too. So pretty.
Lynn

Bonnie said...

That technique worked beautifully, Trish! This is beautiful!