Thursday, April 28, 2011

New Queen... QFTD58

This week it's the Queen of Red herself... jdmommy (Anne).
You can play along with the Queen for the Day challenge that I host on Splitcoast Stampers



For this card I was inspired by Queen Anne's lovely bird card. I don't have any bird stamps like this, so I thought I'd use my bird punch! I got to have some fun with inked embossing! I sponged a paper flower and added a few layers of red floral fusion and an antique brad. The corners are clipped with the scallop edge punch. I made this card in CHERRY COBBLER in honour of Queen Anne's favorite color!



Here you can see some of the details better.



For this card I was inspired by Anne's beautiful flower card. I kept the layout but changed the flower stamp. I tried to add some shadow with a marker to make it look more realistic and 3D. The reds I used here are BRAVO BURGUNDY and RIDING HOOD RED. I also used antique brads on this one. The flower is actually cut out of the frame and I added a few layers and ripped one edge.

2 comments:

jimlynn said...

BOTH are wonderful Trish! Love the one with the punched bird! So lovely.
Lynn

Carla said...

These are stunning! Gorgeous colors and designs. Hugs,