Friday, June 11, 2010

Window filled with Love!



I made another card today that I had to share with you on my blog.

It's for a challenge on Splitcoast Stampers - Free For All - "Jelly-Filled Doughnut"
The challenge was to create a card with a hole that has fun stuff inside!



Here's the inside!

I used a lot of texture to really make this card have interest with my Big Shot and square lattice texture embossing folder. I also used the Movers & Shapers die and Top Note die. I used 2 different sized heart punches and a scallop edge punch.

The colors I got from Stampin 411 Color Inspiration - Night of Navy, Real Red, More Mustard and Taken with Teal.

The sketch is from Clean & Simple Stamping - Fall to Layout #94. I just love this site for getting a starting point to make a card.

The sentiment on the inside is a retired Stampin' Up! set. I stamped it twice in different colors then cut out and layered the blue on top of the red to make it stand out more.

The sentiment on the front is Short & Sweet and is also in red and blue.

6 comments:

Mim said...

Love the embossing on this! Fab colour scheme too. P.S. Seems great minds think alike wrt the punch out on the front for the FTL94, must have linked up about the same time!

Sharon said...

This is really lovely. I love that there is even more design going on when you open the card.

JenMarie said...

Love this!

Pam S said...

This is so cute!! I really like the texture on the little hearts.

Marisa said...

Too cute :D Love what you did with the inside and the EF is fabulous!

Patty Gorka said...

Oh, isn't this soooo cute! The inside of your card turned out great. I really like that embossing folder too!