Saturday, February 6, 2010

Abundance of techniques

Not sure what type of card fold this is called. It's very simple and easy to do. Maybe not as easy for the receipient to figure out?!

The above picture is the card closed. I thought the colors Not Quite Navy, Rose Red and Black looked really stunning together. Not sure if the Sahara Sand fits, or if it's just the dots I don't like. Anyways...


This shows the card with the flip up. That piece isn't glued, it's just attached with a brad. The rest of the card is glued shut, so the only opening you see is this little bit where I put the saying and flowers (in silver)


Here's the close up!

I did a few fun techniques with this card.
1) Faux Denim - just ink the paper directly with the ink pad. I really love how this looks with Not Quite Navy ink on paper.
2) Rock n Roll - The main image is actually 3 stamps put together, from the set Simply Said. The solid heart stamp I inked with Regal Rose and stamped off. Then I inked the edges again with the Rock N Roll technique and stamped.
3) Paper Piecing - I stamped the flower/heart stamp again and cut out two little flowers to glue on top of the original one.
4) Medallion - I used two different edge punches to punch all 4 sides of a 2-1/2" square and layered them. Fun look I think!
5) The card fold - whatever its called!

This is the second card my card club will be making at our next meeting. Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

jaydee said...

Very creative. I love the colors and the creative use of the punch. The faux denim looks fabulous!
thanks for sharing
jaydee

jimlynn said...

This is great! So pretty.