Friday, October 30, 2009

While by my sheep!

Here's a card I made that I got the layout from the catalogue on Page 101. I changed the colors and all the stamps.

The sheep image is embossed with black, then bleached! I also stamped and cut out a lighter pink heart to paper piece overtop! The black panel is all popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals.
My Tip of the Day:
If you're stuck for ideas and want to know where to start...
1. If you know what stamped image or theme you want to have, you can browse the catalogue and search for card layouts you like that also use a similar sized stamp.
2. You don't have to have the supplies used on the original sample, substitute for anything! ie. you don't have a certain punch - use a different one, or cut out the shape. You can also leave parts off the card or add your own touches.
3. You can also search for color combinations that you like or other techniques and put it all together. I find that's the easiest way to make a card. Take parts from others that you've seen that you like. The color combination for this card was taken from Page 140.
Stampin' Up! Supplies: Pun Fun, Scallop edge punch, button, word window punch
Colors: Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, White, Black, versamark



3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love your color combo!

Melissa said...

I love your color combo!

Mary G. said...

Love it! The button looks just like the wool on the little sheep! Very cute!