Sunday, October 25, 2009

EjoyVC8 - Card Fold Technique Challenge

I found a really cute type of card fold that I've never seen before. A double pocket card. It's actually really easy to make and makes great use of DSP! Here's the directions from Splitcoast Stampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/doublepocketcard/)

Here's my sample:The Rudolph tag goes in the top pocket and the second pocket can be used for a Gift card.

So, today's challenge is to try making a double pocket card. I'd love to have you share your creation here with Mr. Linky. If you upload to SCS please use the codeword EjoyVC8.

Isn't the Specialty Designer Series paper (Christmas Cocoa from Holiday Mini) great!!! This card really shows it off!

One thing I want to highlight about this card: Notice the layered punches. You can do so many things by mixing and matching and layering punches! I also used the swirls from the Elegant Thank You stamp set, but put the NOEL saying overtop. VERSATILITY!!!

Stampin' Up! supplies: Elegant Thank You, Many Merry Messages, Dasher

Scallop edge punch, circle punches, scallop circle punch, word window punch, ticket corner punch, silver cord, eyelet.

Colors: Kraft, White, Soft Suede, Silver, Chocolate Chip

2 comments:

Michelle VP said...

I've never seen this before either. I just looked it up and printed it out. Will try to find time this week to make one of these and link it here. :)

TannyP said...

Wow - what a great technique. I'll definitely have to give that a go.
Was just over on SCS and saw that you put two of my cards in the CAS faves...thenks a bundle =)

Your card is a beauty! Those papers are perfect together. Can't wait to see more.