Sunday, October 4, 2009

EjoyVC5 - Monochromatic!

For this week's challenge I'd like you to create a card using monochromatic colors. (One color or hue - eg. various shades of pink, not pink and green and brown together). I chose to make a monochromatic blue color scheme. I'd love for you to share your creation here with Mr. Linky. Also if you upload to SCS please use the code EjoyVC5. Hope you can have fun creating this week.

My card was made for this week's sketch on SCS (SC248) and Pals Paper Arts challenge #10 - Gratitude! I was gone all week, so I was combining a few and this was the only card I had a chance to make this week.
I don't know if you can tell from the picture but the flower was made with the scallop circle and I just cut with the scissor toward the center.

Stampin' Up supplies: Elegant Thank You, Punches - scallop circle, circles, word window, modern label. Birds n Blooms die cut, texturz, ribbon, brad
Colors: Night of Navy & DSP, Brocade Blue, White


4 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Hi Trish, just found your challenge...hope to play along! Love the name you gave it Encourage Joy...perfect!
Have a great day!
Blessings, Maria

Vicki said...

Beautiful card, Trish! Blessings to you!

Patty Gorka said...

Trish, your card is very, very, pretty! I love the embossed background and it's a great monochromatic card! I'm not very good at making monochromatic cards otherwise I would make one for your challenge.

HappyCrafter said...

Trish, I love what you did with the tag for the sentiment, combining the modern label punch with the word window punch and a circle punch, and then getting the little swirly brackets on the circle! I'm going to dig through my stuff and see if I can make one like this. Thank you for the idea on how to use my punches in different ways :-)