Friday, September 4, 2009

Special card of the day - easy card fold technique!

This is probably the most simple way to spruce up your card. Simply fold in half (like a regular card) then about 3/4" in from the fold, fold again. I used a horizontal slot punch and attached ribbon so that the card will only open at the second fold. Very simple, but something different and special!
A few other things I did on this card - The Dasher image is embossed with silver. I distressed the very vanilla layer behind it. I stamped French Filigree Background on the Top Note that I cut out with my Big Shot! and only used part of it. I layered word window punch and modern label punch with a brad in it for a neat effect.
It's hard to tell in the picture, but the background Chocolate Chip is embossed with my Big Shot and a texturz plate.
The ribbon is simply looped through the holes made by the punch and the linen thread is tied in a bow around it.
Elegant and different Christmas card!

No comments: